Join Our Team
Datastory helps businesses make better decisions, faster.
How? Through the lens of a beautifully simple map using geographic information systems (GIS) technology to reveal patterns in data. We reveal the hidden “datastory” so businesses can stop focusing on data collection/validation and start focusing on strategy. Our platform gives businesses the “a-ha!” moments that unlock the story hidden deep within their data.
As nationally recognized experts, we are aligned with the preeminent platform for mapping and location analytics: Esri.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- Excellence. If it’s worth doing then we won’t give it any less than our best. The best data, the best practices, the best technology, the best insights.
- Inspiring through beauty. We do work that is beautiful and polished so users say “wow” every time they uncover a new datastory.
- Growth through coaching. Whether it’s our clients or our own teammates, we coach each other so we’re constantly improving.
Solving problems through objective data. We help leaders make confident decisions using a data-driven foundation that reduces the uncertainty and stress of running the business.
Doing what needs to be done. We do whatever it takes to solve problems for our clients without nickel-and-diming them.
- Taking it to the next level. We respond with “Yes, and…” — We give clients what they ask for and offer additional creative ideas. We often call these answers to “invisible questions”.
As Datastory’s first full-time sales representative you’ll be responsible for the cultivation, maintenance and advancement of productive client/customer relationships.
- Hungry to grow a business. Up until now, sales have been fairly organic. We’re ready for a hunter to strategically pursue new business.
- Comfortable talking about technology. Some customers are tech savvy and others aren’t yet. No matter someone’s background in technology, you can hold your own while inviting them into a sales conversation and connect them with the right member of our team.
- Obsessed with customer service. Closing deals and making customers happy are equally important to you.
- Ready to grind. We’re a lean team, we have huge goals, and we work hard.
- An exceptional teammate. You contribute uniquely to a diverse team of hardworking professionals. You realize that we’re in this together.
- Reasonably experienced. You’ll bring 3-5 years of sales experience. This is our first formal salesperson and we’ll need you to bring some best practices and be ready to roll.
- Technically fluent. You are very comfortable with technology and creatively leverage it to work smarter.
- An extrovert. You are outgoing and socially confident.
- Experienced in Real Estate and/or Healthcare. You will bring experience that translates well into at least two of our high-priority verticals.
- Nurture existing accounts
- Grow new business
- Expand our reach into real estate and healthcare verticals. Our technology is applicable to many verticals but these two are our starting focus point.
- Demonstrate Datastory solutions with confidence.
- Be part of a small, high-horsepower team of developers, analysts, and administrators.
- Actively maintain our CRM (Prosperworks) – understanding this system inside and out.
- Be an ambassador and represent our business with pride.
- Travel, as needed, approximately once per month.
- Care. We’re looking for someone who cares about our mission as much as we do.
Please submit Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com. In the body of your email, please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in what we’re doing at Datastory?
- What is your core philosophy on sales?
- Share your thoughts on CRM tools. What have you used? What do you recommend?
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Baltimore, MD